What do you know about microgreens? Well, first off, they are beautiful.
But not only that, they are incredibly nutritious. Infinite-Harvest, an indoor vertical farm in Colorado, describes their benefits in a manner that will probably get you excited!
- full of protein and dietary fiber
- sources of Vitamin C, E, and beta-carotene
- nutritionally dense compared to their full-grown vegetable
- packed with Potassium, Phosphorus, Manganese, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron, Calcium, Copper…
- elevates the flavor atop soups, sandwiches, salads, and dips
Because microgreens are the seedlings of plants that we eat (think: spinach, radishes, peas), they contain every nutrient needed for the full plant to develop and thrive. This means that microgreens will have substantially more nutritional value than the plants they can grow into.
Eat spinach leaves? Microgreens have 2-3.5 times more nutrients than mature spinach leaves.Retrieved from: Microgreens benefits @ InfiniteHarvest.com
Gwen’s Greens will be sending you microgreens throughout the 2021 season. Some of our favorites are pea shoots, arugula, broccoli, cilantro, amaranth, radish, and sunflower shoots. High-end markets supply packages of microgreens for $6-10 dollars a package. With your Gwen’s Greens Farm Share, we will add microgreens to your delivery several times over the season.
Get ready to eat fresh and nutritious!